Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Simple Thoughts...


Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I blogged. Don't get me wrong-the desire is often there. The energy is not...So that's how it's been about 9 months since I last blogged :) Tara's turned a year old in July, and it's still sinking in for Sean and I that we have a one year old. She's a toddler now, in every single way. She'll always be my baby, but she's growing up so fast right before our eyes. She's free-spirited, incredibly intelligent, funny as ever, and the most loving little girl! She's always going around giving kisses...to mommy, daddy, her baby dolls, the babies in her books, her favorite blankies. And it's baby kisses, so it's the drooly open-mouthed kisses with this sweet little noise she makes that resembles someone saying "aww...". So when her daddy and I are in the other room and hear that noise, we know she's probably found a toy she wants to play with. It's incredibly endearing...

She also makes the cutest little face now, it started about a week ago. She furrows her brows (as if she's concentrating) and her sweet little mouth forms a little o as she makes this sound that resembles a puppy whining. You know the one that breaks your heart? That's what she's been doing, and of course it always makes mommy laugh. I have no idea how it started, what she means by it, but when I start laughing after she does it; she breaks out in a little smile. So I figure she can't feel TOO misunderstood...I've determined she's simply testing out noises and expressions, and reactions to those noises and expressions. Either way, it's quite entertaining.

She has over twenty words in her vocabulary now, and most of it is just so fun to hear. She loves to go around and say "Uh oh..." with her palms upturned. So precious! She also loves to say "All done" when she's finished in her high chair, or when she wants out of her crib. This girl cracks me up. She also recently started mimicking when we tell her no no to something. She'll wave her little pointer finger back and forth, and walk around saying "No,no,no,no,no..." The funniest part is it's usually an indication of what sort of trouble she's about to seek out. Most of the time, it's on her way into the kitchen while heading towards the cabinet that holds our mason jars. She knows it's a no no, and heads there anyway. Cracks us up every time...

I love my little Tara. She's just the sweetest little angel, and such a light in our lives. Every day is so precious with her, just spending time with this special little girl; and feeling her love. She's so inquisitive, and loves to explore. I love watching her experience new things, and I love realizing how smart she is when she's mastered old things just like a big girl. She gets so proud of herself, and it just makes me want to cry! She's our sassy, sweet little girl; and we couldn't be prouder of her.

1 comment:

  1. such a sweet post. I feel like that about Juliet everyday, it's amazing isn't it. Tara is such a sweet happy little girl.

    ReplyDelete