Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rip my heart out, why don't ya?

So today, Tara went a little bit longer than usual before she went down for her afternoon nap. Which of course meant that she was more cranky and whiny beforehand. So as I was getting ready to put her down, she was crying, and yelling, and fighting me at every turn. She wanted me to read her a story before nap, but I knew she was way past the point of where she could handle being awake any more. So I told her I'd read her a story when she woke up. That of course made her cry even harder, and I laid her in her bed, stroked her hair, and started to sing to her; hoping she'd calm down. She did, and when she finally stopped crying she turns to me, looks me in the eyes and said "I was very sad." Wow! First time she's ever verbally expressed her emotions, and it ripped my heart out! I wasn't ready for that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment